R E G U L A T I O N S
of PWSZ in Piła Student Dormitory (Dorm)
- The Dorm is a place of residence for entitled students, a place of work and rest
- Check in of foreign students (LLP/Erasmus) is done on according to the list prepared by the Institutional Erasmus Programme Coordinator. During the check in the students receive forms for registration for temporary stay of a foreigner. The completed forms should be presented in the Institutional Erasmus Programme Coordinators office within 10 working days after arrival.
- The administration of the Dorm is open from Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- The fee for accommodation is paid in the office of the Dorm Manager. The accommodation fee should be paid no later than by the 15th day of each month. Moreover, each resident of a room should pay a deposit of 100 PLN (~25 EUR). The deposit is paid to cover any potential damage arising as a result of inappropriate use of furnishings, missing furnishings etc. The deposit is returned in whole after the handover of the room – in the presence of an administrator and a representative of the Department of International Relations – if the room is in proper order and no damage is found.
- The residents of the Dorm are obliged to take care of furnishings, cleanliness and nice appearance of all rooms.
- Student rooms used by foreign students are equipped, among other things, with bed sheets which can be replaced with clean ones (once every two weeks) to be obtained in Dorm Managers office – Monday to Friday until 2.30 pm.
- The residents of the Dorm are obliged to comply with the health and safety at work regulations and fire protection regulations and other regulations in force in the Dorm.
- Smoking is prohibited in all rooms of the Dorm. If caught students smoking in the rooms will receive a fine of 500 PL (~125 EUR).
- In case of an inspection by the representative of sanitary inspection or fire brigade people smoking in nonsmoking places shall be fined.
- The night-time silence in the Dorm is from 10 pm to 6 am. The flexibility of this rule is at the discretion of the Manager of the Dorm.
- Visits in rooms may take place from 12 am to 10 pm. Visitors should leave their IDs at the reception desk for the time of the visit. The visited person is responsible for the conduct of visitors.
- Overnight stays in rooms of persons who are not residents are forbidden.
- A resident of the Dorm leaving the Dorm is obliged to deposit the key to the room at the reception desk.
- In order to check out of the Dorm one should:
a. inform the Dorm Manager in order to check the condition of the room a few days before leaving,
b. pay the fee for the place in the Dorm,
c. return the keys to the room during the opening hours of the Administration of the Dorm, i.e. Monday to Friday 7.00 am to 2.30 pm,
d. room has to be left clean and tidy!!!!! After the above formalities and when no faults are found the whole amount of the deposit charged by the administration employee is returned.
- All students are obligated to keep their rooms clean. To keep rooms tidy means: to ventilate your rooms (by opening widows), to take out rubbish (particularly before leaving rooms for long time), to clean the toilets in your room/box on a regular basis, to leave the kitchen tidy, to use instruction & regulations in laundry room. Students should respect efforts of staff who try to make your stay more comfortable.
- Students who do not abide by the above mentioned rules, or consequently disobey the student regulations of PWSZ in Piła within the Dorm will be expelled from the Student Dormitory.